Who Am I
I received my Red Seal as a French Cuisine Chef in 1996 and my Holistic Nutrition certification in 2005. In November 2018 I also received my certification for the FMD (fasting mimicking diet) by Prolon . Dr.Valter Longo and his team have spent over 2 decades creating this alternative diet that allows you to eat but your body thinks you are fasting.
I started my own business in 2007, because I really didn't like waking up early to go work for somebody else. Straight up!
Before I started my own business; Honey and Vanilla, I had many awesome jobs working in the food industry. In my past life I have been a cheese monger, train attendant on the Royal Canadian Pacific luxury trains, a Personal Chef to celebrity Jenny McCarthy and her son Evan, Chef and Manager of a cafe, Chef de partie at the Montreal Badminton Squash Club in Montreal and menu planning and creating dishes for a large catering company in Cabo San Lucas Mexico.
I get to do many awesome things in my business, I have clients that take me on vacation with them, many of my clients have specific life threatening allergies that cause them stress when travelling to foreign countries, so they take me along with them and I cook their food to alleviate any worries they would have. Other clients take me along with them because they realize it actually saves them money by having someone cook their food in house instead of going to restaurants every day. Hey, some even lose a little weight while on vacation fi you can believe that! I am the creator of Tia's granola; an actually healthy granola that you can feel good about eating. I nourish my personal chef clients with nutrient dense whole food on a weekly to monthly basis.
Last but not least, I create and teach workshops for Holistic Nutrition students and the general public on the following:
- How to achieve optimal health by implementing the latest science based evidence in alternative medicine
- How to include different forms of fasting such as FMD and time restricted eating into your lifestyle
- How to rebalance the body through balancing circadian rhythm
- Explain the fundamentals of Type 2 diabetes and insulin resistance based on Dr.Jason Fung’s work as well as others.
- How to reduce your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease based on Dr.Bredesen’s work as well as other practitioners.
- My 4-6 hour intensive workshop on How to set up a whole foods kitchen is one of my most popular workshops.
- How to reduce symptoms for woman with endometriosis and live a pain free lifestyle
I am always on a quest for happy moderation with my French cuisine palate and whole foods knowledge. I do eat French fries and I do eat delicious French pastries but in balance with my whole foods lifestyle.
"The synergistic properties of whole foods have more power to heal the mind and body than many people think. I have experienced it first hand and through my clients." - Chef Christina Acevedo
2018 IMMH Conference Dallas
2018 Certified in Fasting Mimicking Diet/Prolon In L.A
2019 Mastering the Implementation Personalized Medicine Synchronizing Metabolic Circadian Rhythms from PLMI in Chicago